12th August 2014, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Is there age limit for getting admission in Master's of Fashion Technology at NIFT?

I have done engineering in textiles about 10 years back and now i want to do masters degree i.e masters in fashion technology from nift,so is there any age limit for doing this course

18th August 2014, 12:35 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there age limit for getting admission in Master's of Fashion Technology at NIFT?

For Master Degree from NIFT there isn't any mentioned of age limit. So, i think you can apply for it but the admission will be on the basis of entrance examination. The course for you according to your qualification will be M.Tech in Textile Designing which is offered by NIFT at their various campuses across the country. These are top fashion institutes of India means you need to crack a tough entrance exam to get admission into it.

All you have to take care is that your Bachelor degree is from a recognized university and you have experience in your field of textile designing as it will help you during the course.

Exam will have an General Aptitude Test and Creative Ability Test. You have to score good marks in these tests to get admission. The question paper will have questions related to Quantitative Aptitude, communication skills, English language skills, Analytical skills and General Knowledge & Current Affairs. There will be negative mark of 0.25 per wrong answer.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
18th August 2014, 10:50 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is there age limit for getting admission in Master's of Fashion Technology at NIFT?

In case of M. Des (Master of Design), candidates should have bachelor’s degree and in stream like Applied Arts (Fashion Design / Visual Communication / Graphic Design / Industrial Design / Interior Design / Multimedia Design / Product Design / Textiles & Accessories or B.A. (Fine Arts) or B.Sc. (Textiles & Clothing) or B. Arch with minimum 50 per cent is a must. The maximum age of the candidate is restricted to 23 years as on 1st November of the year of admission.
For seeking admission in National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), you need to write the entrance examination. For candidates from London/ Cambridge and Sri Lanka, applicants should have passed General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination at the Advanced (A) level.
As far as maths is concerned, knowledge about class 10 level maths for NIFT exam and curriculum is fine. National Institute of Fashion Technology, popularly referred to as NIFT, conducts entrance examination every year for the candidates, who desire to seek admission in courses.
18th August 2014, 10:56 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

In case of M. Des (Master of Design), candidates should have bachelor’s degree and in stream like Applied Arts (Fashion Design / Visual Communication / Graphic Design / Industrial Design / Interior Design / Multimedia Design / Product Design / Textiles & Accessories or B.A. (Fine Arts) or B.Sc. (Textiles & Clothing) or B. Arch with minimum 50 per cent is a must. The maximum age of the candidate is restricted to 23 years as on 1st November of the year of admission.
For seeking admission in National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), you need to write the entrance examination. For candidates from London/ Cambridge and Sri Lanka, applicants should have passed General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination at the Advanced (A) level.
As far as maths is concerned, knowledge about class 10 level maths for NIFT exam and curriculum is fine. National Institute of Fashion Technology, popularly referred to as NIFT, conducts entrance examination every year for the candidates, who desire to seek admission in courses.
22nd May 2015, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

what makes one a fashion designer are you born with it and how do you know you are a designer
21st January 2017, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

I am 34 year old. I had completed 12th with art side. I had vocational side like textile, dying printing, basic design. Can I join fashion designing from Nift insitude.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?