15th November 2015, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Is there any problem to join Zoology Honours in Calcutta University while preparing for Medical entrance exams? Rules and regulations of Calcutta University and Presidency University for Honours course?

Dear Sir/Mam,
I have passed 12th this year. I am preparing for Medical entrance exams. If this year I don't take admission in any college but go for admission next year for Zoology Honours under Calcutta University what kind of problems may arise? I have scored 88% in Biology and 75.25% in best of 4 subjects. Please also let me know if I get admitted in Honours in colleges but don't get seat for the Honours, can I give the exam next year in that college? Or I have to take readmission in other college? What are the rules of Calcutta University and Presidency University regarding this kind of problems? Please let me know in details.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for M.Sc Zoology after Botany honours?
  2. Change from English honours to Geography honours from one college of Calcutta university to other?
  3. Eligibility for MSc biochemistry in Calcutta university and Mumbai university?
  4. Admission procedure to study M.A.(History) in Calcutta University for B.A.(History) Honours candidate of Bardhaman University?
  5. How can I study Honours if pursuing B.Sc General in Geography in Calcutta University?
  6. Can I study Geography Honours in Calcutta University if secured 75.74% in WBCHSE Board exam?
  7. B.Com honours is imparted by Calcutta University at its main campus? Is there entrance exam?
  8. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  9. How to do Integrated PhD in Zoology in Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune being a graduate of Calcutta University?
  10. How to take admission in M.Phil in Zoology after completing MSc in Zoology from Calcutta University
  11. Am I eligible for SET exam in Commerce Subject after passing graduation with Zoology Hons. from Calcutta?
  12. Eligibility for B.Com (H) from Calcutta University?
  13. Date of announcement of Calcutta University B.A and BSc Honors Exam Results?
  14. Can I do MA in History Honors after graduating in Bengali Honors from Calcutta University?
  15. Admission to Honors degree courses in Calcutta University, Jadavpur University and Presidency college? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Eligibility to get admission in B.Com at Calcutta University for CBSE candidate without Mathematics?
  17. Can I study Special Honours in Geography from Calcutta University after completing Graduation?
  18. How to get admission in regular master degree in Geography? I am a graduate student of Calcutta University
22nd November 2015, 05:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any problem to join Zoology Honours in Calcutta University while preparing for Medical entrance exams? Rules and regulations of Calcutta University and Presidency University for Honours course?

It all depends on the cut off for admission. There is no guarantee that you will get admission next year if you fail to get this year. Cut off remains high almost every year and every year there is a lot of competition for admission.

Hence, apply for admission this year and if you get then it will be good for you. Next year you will face problem of gap because most of the good colleges don't take gap students. You can prepare for medical entrance exam while studying degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?