15th May 2017, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Is there any special GATE exam for automobile engineering students?

Sir/Mam, I am in 3rd year now and am doing automobile engineering from SCT college of engineering, trivandrum, kerala. I am interested in doing M.Tech.. and I need to know that whether there is special gate for automobile engineering and there is one more doubt that our syllabus doesn't cover some portions that mechanical engineering students will study.. will it affect us in preparing for the exam? Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Which entrance exam to give to pursue masters in Automobile Engineering? What is the syllabus for Automobile in GATE?
  2. Colleges offering M.Tech in Automobile engineering? I have completed B.e in Automobile Engineering with 58.4% aggregate
  3. How to study for M.E automobile engineering for IIT in Tamilnadu? How to score in GATE exam?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for GATE and can we do M.Tech in Automobile Engineering? List of colleges with GATE?
  5. Which is more preferable, either B.Tech(Mechanical engineering) and M.Tech(automobile engineering) or B.Tech(automobile engineering) and M.Tech(Automobile engineering)? What's the difference between them?
  6. Can I do masters in automobile or any other branch after completion of Bachelors in Computer Engineering?
  7. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  8. Is there any entrance exam available for Automobile Engineering? Are there Automobile engineering colleges in India? Best way to complete Automobile engineering?
  9. Which are the institutes offering Automobile Engineering course after 12th? Any scholarships available for the students?
  10. Which are the colleges offering diploma in Automobiles?
  11. Which are the lateral entry colleges for diploma automobile engineering students?
  12. Which are the courses that can be done after Diploma in Automobile Engineering? Can I do Agriculture Engineering after 10th and Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  13. Job opportunities for B.E.(Automobile Engineering) student?
  14. Additional courses available to study for Diploma Automobile Engineer?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue Automobile Engineering? What is the fee structure of the course and Hostel for the same?
  16. Which branch is better and has more scope in polytechnic?
  17. I am pursuing MSc in Distance mode, am I eligible for MTech regular course? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Any special courses for Biomedical engineering students?
25th May 2017, 06:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any special GATE exam for automobile engineering students?

For GATE, you need to give the exam for mechanical engineering as there is no separate category as such for automobile. So the syllabus is almost everything that you have learned in your four years of undergraduate course, or rather the automobile engineering undergraduate course of four years.
The syllabus is almost same, few portion should be tactfully answered as the questions will be set according to the 4 years of paper which you have qualified in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?