14th August 2016, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

What to do if application form is asking for semester wise marks?

I want to know what is the difference between regular B.Tech and integrated B.Tech as well as 5 semester system and 7 semester system. I am applying for Indian Navy. It is asking for semester wise marks I am a bit confused that is first year included in semester or not? I am studying B.Tech from JNTUH but in first year I dont know about semester and have studied the subjects for 1 year. So, is my course 5 semester pattern or 7 semester pattern and I want this detail because it is asking to fill semester wise marks but now I am going in final year.

15th August 2016, 11:22 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do if application form is asking for semester wise marks?

Regular B.tech comprises of only b.tech degree course while integrated B.Tech comprises of b.tech degree along with one more degree like M.tech/M.Sc/MBA, etc. Duration of integrated course is usually more than regular B.tech course. In 5 semester system, you will study till third year regular B.tech course while in fourth year you will start studying the other degree which is integrated with your B.tech course. In 7 semester system, you will start studying the additional degree course from 8th semester. It is basically a difference in the credit system of the b.tech course. Some institutes also keep the fourth year as training / internship period, so it is treated as 5 semester system while some keep only 8th semester for training/ internship , thus treating it as 7th semester pattern. You need to furnish your marks from the first year of your B.tech course while applying in Indian Navy.
19th August 2017, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to do if application form is asking for semester wise marks?

I've done diploma and want to fill PC in technical branch. Whether should i choose diploma or regular while filling the form.? Please would be helpful for me!! Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?