25th February 2023, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Sc physics graduate be eligible to become a train operator?

My name is Sanath and I'm from Chennai. I've completed my b.sc phy at MCC. I'm very passionate about becoming a train operator in Chennai metro. I have knowledge of how a train works, it's basic controls,etc. I would also like to know if B.Sc physics wud be enough to become a train operator or should I study more like an ITI on top of it? Can anyone help me.

26th February 2023, 05:31 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc physics graduate be eligible to become a train operator?

After earning a B.Sc. in Physics, you can apply for the position of Assistant Loco Pilot. No particular stream is necessary to work with Indian Railways.
26th February 2023, 07:01 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can a B.Sc physics graduate be eligible to become a train operator?

Yes, definitely you can apply for Assistant Loco Pilot after completing B.Sc in Physics. There is no specific stream required to join Indian Railways.
26th February 2023, 07:42 PM
Shantanubose22

To get a job in Railways, you have to complete your diploma in engineering, bachelor/master engineering in any streams like Civil engineering, Mechanical Engineering, ECE, EEE.
26th February 2023, 08:47 PM
Msdhoni02

Eligibility:

1. To become an Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) or train driver, a candidate must have qualified in class 10th or equivalent qualification from a recognized board or university.
2. They must have completed an ITI pass or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering from an institution recognized by AICTE.
27th February 2023, 09:27 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

You have to appear for RRB NTPC exam, through which you can get into commercial, personnel or operating department of railways.

Personnel: Junior/senior clerk cum typist, posted in HQ/DRM offices and works related to employees of railway, making salary slips, training schedule, maintain service record, transfers, promotions, etc. Also posted at workshops, stores, etc.

Accounts: accounts clerk/junior account assistant cum typist

Commercial: As commercial clerk/supervisor posted in booking, parcel offices and goods sheds, work in shifts.

Operating: As traffic assistant, goods guard and station master.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?