23rd July 2014, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to do rotation in all subjects for foreign MBBS graduate to do internship in India? Can I apply for post graduation in India after that?

I am doing my mbbs from a foreign country and a want do my internship there only..is it compulsory to do the rotation in all the subjects..what if i go for a 3 3 month rotation in 4 major subjects like medicine surgery gynae paeds only??? can i then apply for the post graduate medical entrance examination in india?? please reply

Related Questions:
  1. What's the elligibility criteria for UPSC and other competitive exams in India? I'm a foreign medical graduate doing my internship and am graduate from B.P Koirala Institute of Health sciences(Nepal)
  2. Is there any bachelor degree like MBBS after completing internship in RML hospital? Am I eligible for UPSC?
  3. Subjects and requirements for Medical PG course in Gulf? Is internship training necessary?
  4. Subjects and requirements or Post Graduation?
  5. Procedure for doing P.G course in India for students with foreign MBBS degrees?
  6. After MBBS from Europe is there any entrance exam in India to practice it?
  7. Career options after MBBS? Steps to be taken for preparation? What are the various steps after MBBS in India and outside India?
  8. What is the procedure for foreign students to get admission in MBBS in India?
  9. Best colleges for Post Graduation in India? are IITs best for post graduation too? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What are the courses offered after MBBS in India?
  11. Universities or colleges in India for Post graduation in Geography?
  12. Universities offering LLB through distance education?
  13. Will my daughter be eligible for Pre PGCET of West Bengal?
  14. Subjects and requirements for Post Graduation? Is Internship training necessary?
  15. Subjects and requirements for post graduation in GMC? I have done MBBS course from Bangladesh and live in UAE
  16. After completing Diploma what to do to go US?
  17. How many PG seats are available in Kasturba medical college in Manipal and Mangalore? What's the cut off (marks and rank) for getting a seat?
  18. How much is the cost of study for me for MBBS in India being a foreign candidate? How much is the cost of living in India for me?
28th March 2023, 08:36 PM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Is it compulsory to do rotation in all subjects for foreign MBBS graduate to do internship in India? Can I apply for post graduation in India after that?

In order to do an internship in India after completing your MBBS from a foreign country, it is generally mandatory to complete a one-year rotating internship in all the major clinical specialties as per the guidelines of the Medical Council of India (MCI). This is because the MCI has specified that medical graduates must have completed a minimum of 12 months of rotatory internship, which includes exposure to all the major clinical specialties like medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, ophthalmology, orthopedics, etc.

However, if you are unable to complete the full rotation due to certain constraints, like the unavailability of some specialties in the hospital where you are doing your internship, you can still complete your internship by doing rotations in the major subjects like medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, and pediatrics. But it is important to note that this may limit your opportunities to apply for postgraduate medical entrance examinations in India, as some colleges may require completion of the full rotation in all clinical specialties as a prerequisite for admission.

That being said, there are many other factors that come into play when applying for postgraduate medical programs in India, including your academic performance, your scores in the relevant entrance examinations, and the availability of seats in the institutions that you are interested in. So, while completing the full rotatory internship may be helpful in making you eligible for more postgraduate programs, it is not necessarily a guarantee of success.

I would recommend that you consult with a qualified career counselor or education consultant who can provide you with detailed guidance on the specific requirements and opportunities related to postgraduate medical education in India based on your individual circumstances and aspirations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?