5th September 2016, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

How can I get a chance to do internship in Kolkata metro?

I presently in 3rd semester of btech civil engineering. And i want to do internship in kolkata metro. How will i able to do it? Can you please provide me the steps which we need to follow to apply for the internship? What is the minimum criteria followed for the same?

28th September 2016, 10:24 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get a chance to do internship in Kolkata metro?

It is good to see you aspire for internship opportunity from the third semester of B.Tech course. However, it is difficult to get internship opportunity in the second year of B.Tech course in Metro Railways as third and fourth year students are preferred owing to the less domain knowledge of second year students. So, it is better you go for training opportunity now and then after third year you can seek internship opportunity. The only way to get opportunity in Metro Railways is through referral. You need to apply only through referral of its employees as there are no other provision of application.
28th September 2016, 08:39 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I get a chance to do internship in Kolkata metro?

Almost all the companies with exception of a few hire the interns from all over the India. Though, Kolkata Metro doesn't run a specific training program but it hires a few candidates if there is any vacancy.

The procedure followed to apply is as follows :

* The candidate has to go through the college in which he studies. So, he should have an application duly signed by either the head of the institution or the Training & Placement Officer of the institute.

* You have to submit that application along with a training/internship application either online or offline whichever may be the case.

* Some companies/institutes which run exclusive training programs also charge some fees as well which you have to pay.

After this you can take the admission in the training program successfully.

Criteria :
There is no such specific criteria you need to have. The eligibility depends on the curriculum of your degree. If it makes you eligible for a training at the completion of 2nd year, you can apply then and there. If it requires a training after 3rd Year, you need to do it then. So, it depends on the curriculum which is followed by the institute in which you are studying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?