1st February 2014, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Work nature in public health dentistry for BDS intern?

I am an intern presently and will be Pursue my BDS degree in a year....I want to know the work nature in public health dentistry...I would also like to know how beneficial would it be do it from India.....

Related Questions:
  1. Scope in PG in Public Health Dentistry? Which colleges in India offer the course?
  2. How to practice dentistry in UK after doing BDS?
  3. Am I eligible for M.Sc course in Anatomy being a candidate of BDS Intern? Which Entrance Exams should I crack for this?
  4. How to work in Dubai in a good Hospital after passing BDS with 8 years experience in Clinical Dentistry
  5. What is the career available after BHMS? Top colleges to pursue masters in Public Health?
  6. What are the job prospects after a global public health MS course in US? Best colleges for this course?
  7. Job or internship in Indian Navy for BDS student?
  8. How can I apply for forensic dentistry after completing BDS?
  9. Can I do Masters in Forensic Dentistry after the completion of BDS? Required Entrance Exam for this purpose?
  10. Should I pursue MDS degree to work in Singapur? I am a married woman and I have completed my BDS degree from India
  11. How to practice the dentistry job in USA after BDS?
  12. Career scope of doing M.Sc in Dentistry after completion of BDS course? Am I eligible for the position of Lecturer in a college after completion of M.Sc course?
  13. Why is Indian BDS(Dentistry) not valid in foreign countries? What are the various job opportunities?
  14. Which course is better for me after completing BDS? Which consultancy is the best in India?
  15. What else can I do apart from MDS after BDS? Any DNB courses in Dentistry subject?
  16. What is the scope of forensic dentistry? What are the job opportunities after BDS?
  17. Scope of BDS in foreign countries? Jobs and salaries for Dentists in Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What are the subjects for BD.SC degree?
20th February 2014, 06:46 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Work nature in public health dentistry for BDS intern?

There is a good scope for the Public Health Industry field.It basically deals with the Science of preventing diseased as well as the Art and prolonging the life of it either of Physical as well as Mental efficiency.You need to have a knowledge on the Ecological concepts,Biomedical concepts as well as Psychosocial concepts.The changing concepts in the Public Health sector are Health promotion phase and the disease control phase.

The main objective of this is to minimize the disease of the health problems and therebyits effects.We can also reduce the chances of getting the diseases again.One can learn and work on the Preventing,Controlling and treating the various diseases.It is conducted to evaluate the aims of the public health programmes and to fix the various priorities in the Health programmes.The various concepts include the Sociology and Psychology as well as the cultural anthropology.

The work nature would be allocated to work in the various programmes such as Evaluation,fluoridation,dental profession as well as in the planning of Aid public health worker.In the Public healh Dentisry first you need to make a survey of this programes.Then make an analysis of the same one,and go for the program planning as well as financing and Operations.The things to be mainained is appropriateness,Adequacy,efficiency as well.

The various general services you need to provide can be of School health programme,Dental health camps,health education,Oral prophylaxis,Extraction,Oral Hygiene measure,Caries preventive measures,Dental public health activities and some demonstration methods and the procedure to the community.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?