24th January 2019, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research?

Hello everyone, I want to do PhD in Physics in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Can you please let me know what is the process for admission? I want to know the procedure in details. Please help me to know about this.

31st January 2019, 10:55 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research?

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research conducts entrance test (GS) for admission in PhD(Physics) program. Candidates are shortlisted for admission to Ph.D. programme on the basis of marks scored in the entrance test (GS) and performance in the interview interview conducted by the institute.

For details, you can refer to the official website, click here
http://www.tifr.res.in
31st January 2019, 04:58 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research?

In order to pursue PhD in physics, a candidate must have completed a post graduation degree in Physics from a recognised University with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST students.

You have to appear for the admission test conducted by the University. It might be possible that this institute may ecruit candidates to this course on the basis of UGC NET examination score.
31st January 2019, 07:58 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to pursue PhD in Physics in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is that the candidate must hold master's degree in Physics at least 55% marks.

Students can apply online at:

http://univ. tiff.res.in/gs

Those students who do not have access to internet me apply manually. They may send a request for application form along with a self addressed stamped rs. 20 envelope size 25cm*17cm superscribed GS-2019(Physics) to:

for physics
: admissions section, NCBS, Bangalore 560065.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?