19th January 2015, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it good to do Ph.D in Finance? What is the scope for it?

I am assistant professor nd done m.com regular from p.u. I have 5 years experience in teaching nd now i want to do phd in finance from manav bharti university,solan (through correspondence). i want to know is it ugc recognised university? nd second thing is it ok to do phd in finance

Can i do Ph.D in marketing or hrm?

20th January 2015, 10:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to do Ph.D in Finance? What is the scope for it?

If you are in teaching profession then surely a Ph.D degree will help you grow professionally because most of the professors in top colleges are Ph.D holders. This becomes absolutely necessary if you want to increase your salary in teaching profession.

You can apply for Ph.D only when you have got 55% marks in your M.Com degree. There is relaxation of 5% marks for those who belong to reserved category. Manav Rachna University, Solan is a recognized University and you can surely pursue your Ph.D from it.

You can opt for the field in which you have interest because Ph.D is a research program and you must have interest in the subject then only you can give your best.
31st January 2019, 08:13 PM
Venky22

Default Re: Is it good to do Ph.D in Finance? What is the scope for it?

I think one need to distinguish between academic job prospects and industry job prospects. Finance courses at all levels remain highly popular among students their is continuous needs for well qualified academics to teach finance courses.therefore business schools continued to finance PhDs for teaching as well as research. Corporation finance ,investment,behavioral finance,financial markets ,derivatives.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?