13th June 2021, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Am eligible for the post of Assistant Professor asper my qualification if didn't qualify NET?

I have been awarded ph,d degree in august 2008. I am not net qualified but i have qualified the pre-ph.d test organized by the university to do PH.D. Am i eligible for the post of assistant professor according to the norms of UGC. Please also brief me about the guidelines of ugc required for the post assistant professor.

15th June 2021, 11:52 AM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am eligible for the post of Assistant Professor asper my qualification if didn't qualify NET?

Yes, You are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor asper your qualification if you didn't qualify NET.

Those who have completed PhD in relevant subjects from recognized university are totally eligible for the position of Assistant Professor with having valid NET score.

You can apply for the position of Assistant Professor on the basis of PhD qualification in any reputed college/ university.

Your final selection will be done through personal interview.
15th June 2021, 12:56 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Am eligible for the post of Assistant Professor asper my qualification if didn't qualify NET?

No, you are not eligible for the Assistant Professor as per your qualification because you have not qualified NET. As per rules of UGC, a candidate must have qualified National Eligibility Test and must hold Masters with minimum 55% marks to get eligible for Assistant Professor.
16th June 2021, 08:01 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

According to the norms of UGC, you are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.
If you have completed your Ph.D degree then you do not need to qualify NET. Ph.D degree is sufficient for the post of Assistant Professor.

All the guidelines of UGC regarding the recruitment for Assistant Professor are mentioned in this PDF below, you can go through this -
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: pdf 5323630_New_Draft_UGCRegulation-2018-9-2.pdf
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?