7th February 2023, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CSIR JRF or not being 28 years and 2 months old but having two years of research experience?

I want to know if i am eligible for CSIR JRF or not being 28 years and 2 months old but having two years of research experience? please do reply.

8th February 2023, 07:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CSIR JRF or not being 28 years and 2 months old but having two years of research experience?

If your age is above 28 years even by one day and you belong to an unreserved category, you are not eligible for CSIR JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) even if you have research experience as there is no provision of upper age limit relaxation based on research or work experience.

Further, the upper age limit may be relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/Third gender/Persons with Disability (PwD)/female applicants and 03 years in case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants. So, if you belong to any one of the benefited category then you can appear in the CSIR JRF.

For complete details regarding CSIR NET/JRF, you can refer to the link https://csirnet.nta.nic.in/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?