20th February 2012, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam being a candidate having an experience of 9 years in Industrial Research and with an age of 35 years? Can I directly enroll for Ph.D course or have to clear NET Exam?

I'm 35 years old. Am I eligible to appear for NET exams? I've 9 years of industrial research experiance. Can I get enrolled myself for PhD on the basis of that or I'll have to clear NET exams.

20th February 2012, 03:15 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam being a candidate having an experience of 9 years in Industrial Research and with an age of 35 years? Can I directly enroll for Ph.D course or have to clear NET Exam?

subjects of the test

chemical science
earth science
life science
mathematical science
physical science

Eligibility :

Educational qualification :

M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned in para above with min 55% marks for general & OBC candidates
50% for SC/ST candidates

Age limit :
min 19 years
max 28 years as on 01-07-2012
5years relaxed of SC/ST/OBC candidates
21st February 2012, 08:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam being a candidate having an experience of 9 years in Industrial Research and with an age of 35 years? Can I directly enroll for Ph.D course or have to clear NET Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 35 years old. Am I eligible to appear for NET exams? I've 9 years of industrial research experiance. Can I get enrolled myself for PhD on the basis of that or I'll have to clear NET exams.
If you have Masters degree then you are applicable for NET exam because there is no marks criteria for NET exam.

Yes, If you have Qualify in NET exam then you can enroll in PHD programe in any Institute.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happened twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be scored 55% above in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate scored 50% above in masters degree.

For Junior research fellowship course your age should be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

From this year NET exam pattern should be change and the pattern may be this type.

For Paper I-

It's has 60 Question.Out of 60 Question , you can answered 50 Question.Total marks of this paper is 100 marks.The time duration for this session is 1¼ Hours (09.30 a.m. to 10.45 a.m.)

For Paper II-

It has 50 question.All Question are compulsory . Total marks of this paper is 100 marks.The time duration for this session is 1¼ Hours (10.45 a.m. to 12.00 Noon.)

For Paper III-

It has 75 question.All Question are compulsory . Total marks of this paper is 150 marks.The time duration for this session is 2½ Hours (01.30 p.m. to 04.00 p.m.)

Each Question contain 2 marks.

The notification for NET exam will be published very soon.It will be published in the month of April 2012.

For more details about UGC exam you can visit to http://www.ugc.ac.in/

1st May 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

iam a Msc zoology 59% holder to which subject can apply in ugcnet 2012 can you inform with subject code of ugcnet
27th July 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for set exam having 36 years old?
27th August 2012, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

im student of msc zoology can i eligible for both ujc and csir net exam.
6th September 2012, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir ,

I want to do phd from botany , but i have completed Bsc (Zoology & Botany ) after that MBA so can i do phd with botany or not
3rd November 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

I Have completed M.sc (chemistry) and i want to know subject code for chemistry in UGC NET exam.
9th November 2012, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my post graduation in zoology can i apply for UGC NET or should i apply only for CSIR NET
26th June 2014, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I m 35 years old female, can I apply for net set ,? how to apply and from where? What is csir net?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?