25th January 2015, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D with 7 years industrial experience?

I want to do Phd and i have industrial experience 7years and at present i am working in academic institute since 4 years am i eligible for Phd?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I take industrial experience or can I enroll for PhD directly in Europe?
  2. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  3. Is it necessary to have 2-3 months industrial experience for doing PhD at Australia & Germany?
  4. Universities for correspondence PhD in Chemistry?
  5. Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam being a candidate having an experience of 9 years in Industrial Research and with an age of 35 years? Can I directly enroll for Ph.D course or have to clear NET Exam?
  6. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  7. How many years of industrial experience is required after Diploma for pursuing MS?
  8. After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field?
  9. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  10. How to do Ph.d in commerce from Indian University? I have 50.2% marks in M.Com and have 13 years experience in Accounts and Finance
  11. Procedure to apply for Ph.D course after 3 years of software industry experience? -- [New]
  12. Can I clear JRF and do PhD at the age of 32 years having 10 years of Teaching experience?
  13. Can a PG Diploma holder having 15 years experience do PhD?
  14. Whether pursuing Ph.D will help to get better jobs in abroad for M.Sc in Electronics passed candidate, having 5 years working experience?
  15. Joining as JRF to do PhD -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is it safe to do PhD from PU? Is practical fundas required to do PhD in Finance?
  17. Eligibilty Criterion for PhD programme in India for working professional?
  18. Is it good to do job, take some experience and than join PhD or direct join PhD?
13th June 2015, 12:58 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D with 7 years industrial experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do Phd and i have industrial experience 7years and at present i am working in academic institute since 4 years am i eligible for Phd?
If you have completed Master Degree or its equivalent qualification with 55% of marks then definitely you are eligible for PhD course for sure. Since, you having work experience it may added advantage at the time of admission to the PhD course.

The eligibility for a PhD course will be a Master Degree in any subject from a recognized university. Some prestigious universities like Delhi University may conduct their own entrance exam within the college. Those candidate who have appear and qualify in the NET/SLET entrance exam can get first preference at the of admission.
13th June 2015, 02:08 AM
MECHANICAL REACTION

It does not matter that how much experience you have if you have not completed your Master degree from a well recognized institutions.

But if you already have completed your master degree then you can easily pursue P.hd from any well reputed university.

For getting admission in top ranked university's colleges you have to crack the entrance exam with good rank.

Here i am providing you some best options to pursue P.hd from :

1. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University

2. Indira Gandhi National Open University

3. All India Institute of Medical Sciences

All above listed are best options situated in Delhi, India.
15th June 2015, 07:54 PM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The basic requirement for Phd is Masters degree in relevant discipline. Even though industrial experience is good, you should submit the certifications upt masters fr getting the approval from university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?