31st October 2015, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PH.D course after completion of masters through distance mode?

Sir/Mam,

Is a student with masters through DISTANCE mode eligible for PHD program, as per UGC rules? Can you please give me the information on the same? I am awaiting to get the answer on this soon as possible. Give me the answer on this.

Related Questions:
2nd November 2015, 12:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PH.D course after completion of masters through distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Is a student with masters through DISTANCE mode eligible for PHD program, as per UGC rules? Can you please give me the information on the same? I am awaiting to get the answer on this soon as possible. Give me the answer on this.
You have completed masters degree in distance mode so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
3rd November 2015, 06:29 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PH.D course after completion of masters through distance mode?

Yes, you can go for Ph.D course after having completed your Masters via Distance mode, but for that you will probably have to score well in your entrance examination. Therefore, try to score quite well in your exam and I am sure you will be able to score well and pursue your Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?