30th October 2016, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English literature after completion of MA in English?

I am manjula MA (English). I want to join Ph.D in English literature in India especially in Chennai? What is the minimum criteria required for the same? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for Ph.D in English literature after completing M.A English with 52.22%?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in English literature in India after completion of masters course in Australia?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English literature after completion of MA in English?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in India after completion of MA English literature long back?
  6. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  7. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  9. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  10. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?
  11. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  12. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  13. Can I study PhD if pursuing Distance M.A. in English Literature?
  14. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?
  16. Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?
  17. Am I eligible to do PhD in English Literature?
  18. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
30th October 2016, 08:06 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English literature after completion of MA in English?

If you have completed your MA with minimum of 55% marks then you are eligible for the PhD course. You have to apply for UGC NET exam which is conducted by CBSE. After qualifying in this exam you can get the admission for this course in a good university. This exam is conducted in all over the India. You can give the exam at your state and after that you can get the admission at your place. Thanks
30th October 2016, 10:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English literature after completion of MA in English?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D after completing your M.A qualification. You must need to satisfy the below mentioned criteria.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
30th October 2016, 10:30 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue PhD in English Literature after completing MA in English. The minimum qualification to pursue PhD in having a master's degree in the related field.

Here is the eligibility criteria to pursue PhD in English Literature:

> You should have completed your masters in English from a recognized university.

> You have to appear for an entrance examination. Some reputed universities select the candidates through NET entrance examination conducted by UGC.

> Candidates who are appearing in the final year of the qualifying degree are eligible to apply.

> Admission of the candidate is based on the entrance examination and personal interview.

Hence, if you fulfill the following eligibility criteria then you can pursue PhD in English Literature.
31st October 2016, 05:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am manjula MA (English). I want to join Ph.D in English literature in India especially in Chennai? What is the minimum criteria required for the same? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.
You have completed MA in English degree from a recognized University so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in English from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?