8th November 2016, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?

Sir/Mam, I completed my M.A in English Literature I want now know what is the procedure of getting admission in Ph.D here kindly give me detailed information about it secondly when will university publish the forms for it? Can you please guide me soon?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  2. Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks? -- [New]
  4. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in UK? Procedure to get admission?
  5. Procedure to study PhD in English Literature in SVNIT University for a Lecturer?
  6. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  8. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Registration procedure to study PhD in English Literature at Pune University?
  10. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  11. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  12. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  13. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  14. Possibility to study PhD without M.Phil for English Literature postgraduate? List good universities with admission procedure?
  15. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  16. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?
  17. Can I study PhD if pursuing Distance M.A. in English Literature?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in India after completion of MA English literature long back?
8th November 2016, 08:00 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?

To do Ph.D after the completion of MA in English Literature, you should first qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
Once qualified in the entrance examination, you can definitely take admission to study Ph.D course.
You must contact to different Universities to get the exact details about the release of forms of Ph.D course as the different Universities have different date of release of the forms.
9th November 2016, 04:59 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I completed my M.A in English Literature I want now know what is the procedure of getting admission in Ph.D here kindly give me detailed information about it secondly when will university publish the forms for it? Can you please guide me soon?

The candidates should hold a Master’s Degree in English from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks (in the case of SC/ST candidates there will be a relaxation of 5%) are eligible for the PhD in English program. The selection will be through an Entrance Test and Interview. The candidates who have UGC/CSIR/Fellowship holders shall be exempted from the Written Test, but they will have to take up the Interview. For the admission you can apply online. The PhD in English is available in various universities in Full Time and Part Time modes.
9th November 2016, 08:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in PhD, you will first of all have to appear for NET examination, which is the gateway to get admission in the course. After scoring well in your entrance examination, you will be eligible to avail admission in any recognized university to opt for your PhD degree.

You should however have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate from a recognized university. Universities basically release notifications in the month of September and October. However, this may vary from one institute to another.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?