20th February 2017, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D or M.Phil if I am 39 years old after completion of M.Sc?

I am 39 year old I want do PhD or M.Phil. I passed M.Sc in 1999. Can I do PhD or M.Phil? What is the minimum criteria required to be eligible? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon on the same. Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

22nd February 2017, 11:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D or M.Phil if I am 39 years old after completion of M.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 39 year old I want do PhD or M.Phil. I passed M.Sc in 1999. Can I do PhD or M.Phil? What is the minimum criteria required to be eligible? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon on the same. Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!
Yes, your are eligible for M.Phil or Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for M.Phil/Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D/ M.Phil course.

2)There are no age criteria for M.Phil/Ph.D course.
23rd February 2017, 02:24 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D or M.Phil if I am 39 years old after completion of M.Sc?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D course after the completion of your M.Sc at this instant being 39 years old candidate, there is no problem in it.
Below is mentioned the eligibility criteria, just go through it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
23rd February 2017, 03:52 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to do PhD at the age of 39 years and after completion of M.Sc. There is no age limit to do PhD in India. You can do the research program at any age. The PhD can be studied after M.Sc qualification in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks from a college or university. The admission to the PhD program shall be done through an Entrance Test and Interview. Students who have passed GATE/NET/SET/M.Phil/JRF Examination in the relevant subject shall be exempted from the entrance test. The PhD programs are available in various universities in India.
23rd February 2017, 11:21 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do this Ph.D program being 39 years old candidate. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this Ph.D course is as follows.

>> You must have to complete Post Graduation from a recognized university to be eligible.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no age criteria to pursue this Ph.D program.

>> You must have to score minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation to be eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?