7th February 2014, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for JRF Fellowship?

respected sir/madam
I have cleared my net/jrf in june now i joined phd from iit roorkee university. my joining date is 18 feb and jrf fellowship validity last date is 7th may .now my querry is that i am eligible for jrf fellowship.

23rd February 2014, 08:15 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JRF Fellowship?

Yes,you are eligible.The eligibility requirements are as follows.The basic educational qualification is B.E/B.Tech/MBBS/B.Pharma/M.Sc/Integrated BS-MS/or its equivalent degree i required.The minimum percentage you must have obtained is 55% for candidates with other than SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman candidates.

To go for the J.R.F,you need to write an Entrance examination of N.E.T(National Eligibility Test).This NET examination is conducted by the C.S.I.R(Council of Scientific and Industrial Research).So the maximum age must not exceed 28 years.The exam CSIR exam is conducted TWICE a year in the Month of June and December.

“”To be eligible for getting JRF(Junior Research Fellow),you will be eligible for Fellowship only after registered or else enrolled for Ph.D or else the Ph.D programme within the validity period of Two years””.The minimum qualification required is Masters degree with minimum of 55% from university.

Candidates belong to the SC/ST/OBC category candidates need to submit the attested copy of the category certificate along with the Print out of your Application form.The selection process would be based on the written test performed,and thereafter you will have to go for the further rounds of selection.Remember you must be enrolled for Ph.D doctorate course with in the Two years of Joining.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?