7th February 2014, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about admission through CSIR?

sir i am eligible taking admission in csir for m.tech plz tell me detail because people use to provide small answers in many forums.

22nd February 2014, 06:04 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Detailed information about admission through CSIR?

Unlike other forums,Our forum provides fruitful information to the aspitants like you.So kindly follow the below Instructions for eligibility.CSIR stands for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.So CSIR helps the candidates to begin their research career.So for this to be eligible ou must have obtained a Masters Degree.You may go for the various areas such as EMR Division,HRD Group,Good Science,and More.

CSIR Conducts examination TWICE in a year.So you need to fill the prescribed Application form and you must send the same to the Address to reach your application form.You can send the form to the address,

Controller of Examination,
Examination Unit,
CSIR Complex Building,
Opp.Institute of Hotel Management,
Pusa,
New Delhi - 110012

This CSIR Conducts the entrance examination called NET Exam(National Eligibility Test).This exam is conducted in National wide which consists of Two Papers.The minimum qualification for eligibility is minimum M.Sc or its equivalent degree with minimum of 55% after qualifying the National Eligibility Test.

The exam pattern of the CSIR NET is as follows,consisting Two papers.The Paper-1 consists of the Objective type question which again there are Two parts namely Part(A) and Part(B).Part(A) is of the General nature and the Part(B) is of the Subject type.You will be tested on the scientific knowledge as well as the mental ability.

You can choose the second paper from the various papers such as Chemical Science,Ocean and Planetary sciences,Life sciences,Earth Atmosphere,Mathematical Science,Physical sciences and more.The second paper is of the short descriptive answers.Generally the examinations are held on the third Sunday in June as well as in the December month every year.Hope the above all information is helpful.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?