23rd July 2016, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completino of M.Com with 52% marks?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed M.Com with 52% can I eligible for PhD. Can you please let me know if am eligible or not? It will be helpful if you can provide me the information soon on this. I just want to know this and start applying for the Ph.D. Please help me on this.!

Related Questions:
24th July 2016, 11:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completino of M.Com with 52% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed M.Com with 52% can I eligible for PhD. Can you please let me know if am eligible or not? It will be helpful if you can provide me the information soon on this. I just want to know this and start applying for the Ph.D. Please help me on this.!
No, you are not eligible for Ph.D course because your masters degree marks is below 55%.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.
25th July 2016, 05:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completino of M.Com with 52% marks?

Eligibility for Ph.D course after completion of M.Com with 52% marks:-

You have completed M.Com with 52% so you are not eligible for admission in Ph.D.

Those candidates who have completed Masters degree from a recognised university are eligible for Ph.D course

General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree

For SC / ST candidates is 50% and above in matters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
25th July 2016, 05:43 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for the Ph.D course after completing Master's degree in Commerce. As you have secured only 52% marks in Master's degree which is not sufficient marks to become eligible for the exam for General category candidates,but, if you belong to SC/ST category then, you are eligible to apply for the exam with your percentage marks.

The qualification required to apply for the Ph.D course is Master's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

Admission to the Ph.D course is carried out through entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam.
25th July 2016, 06:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The candidate who has completed Masters Degree in Commerce is eligible to pursue PhD in Commerce but minimum percentage required is 55% marks in Masters course but as you have scored 52% marks hence you are not eligible to peruse PhD but you have one option is that you can go for masters course in other field and then go for PhD after scoring good marks.
26th July 2016, 01:00 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Sorry that you are not eligible for PhD course with 52% of marks. It is necessary that you must score at least 55% of marks to be eligible for PhD course. However, if you are belonging to reserved category then you may have chance to be eligible for PhD course. This is because up to 5% relaxation will be given to reserved category students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?