9th June 2017, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PhD after post graduate diploma in education technology?

Hello, I have done post graduate diploma in education technology after my B.Tech. Am I eligible for PhD? Or I have to my master first. Please reply.

10th June 2017, 01:38 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD after post graduate diploma in education technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have done post graduate diploma in education technology after my B.Tech. Am I eligible for PhD? Or I have to my master first. Please reply.
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for PhD course after completing Post Graduate Diploma in Education Technology. Post Graduate in Diploma course is not equivalent to Master degree course so you are ineligible to apply for PhD course. You need to complete Master degree in concerned specialization from a recognized university to be eligible for PhD course.
10th June 2017, 01:53 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD after post graduate diploma in education technology?

The basic eligibility to apply for PhD is completing master's degree or equivalent from a recognized university. After B.Tech you have completed post graduate diploma in education technology, so it is equivalent to master's degree. Therefore, as a result you are eligible to pursue PhD. There is no need to do master's degree again, with this degree you are eligible to apply for PhD.
10th June 2017, 01:59 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you have done Post Graduate Diploma course, you are not eligible for Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the Ph.D course in different fields.
10th June 2017, 02:29 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to pursue PhD. Those candidates whot have successfully completed his/her master degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks in master's degree are eligible to pursue PhD. You need to complete your master's degree first then you will be eligible to pursue PhD.
10th June 2017, 10:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, PGDM degree holder candidates are not eligible for Ph.D course because PGDM course is not equivalent to masters degree course.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university, then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.
10th June 2017, 10:56 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for PhD after completion of Post Graduate Diploma in Education Technology. You have to complete your post graduation first. Candidates who have completed their post graduation with 55% or above marks from a recognized university are eligible to pursue this course. Thanks
10th June 2017, 01:18 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Following are the process for PhD:
Graduation or Bachelors --> Post Graduation or Masters --> PhD.
Since Post Graduation Diploma is not equivalent to a master's degree, hence you are not eligible to pursue PhD.
Post Graduation Diploma are of shorter duration than full completion of the course in Master's.
10th June 2017, 05:06 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Post Graduate is the masters degree after your B.Tech, therefore as you have completed your graduation, you can apply for PhD course.

You will however have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the prospective institute you wish to get admission in and after clearing the examination, you can get admission.
10th June 2017, 05:07 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Post Graduate is the masters degree after your B.Tech, therefore as you have completed your graduation, you can apply for PhD course.

You will however have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the prospective institute you wish to get admission in and after clearing the examination, you can get admission.
6th August 2017, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my EPGDM in general management. Can I pursue my Ph.D in management?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?