8th May 2012, 06:25 PM
pallavi rajpurohit

How does cracking GATE help to acquire JRF? I have completed my B.E in Biotechnology

I have completed my BE in biotechnology in the year 2011, I wanted to know how does cracking GATE help acquire JRF?

Related Questions:
  1. Better career opportunities in the field of Biotechnology for me having completed M.Sc in Biotechnology 1 year back and qualified in GATE Exam?
  2. Government jobs after cracking GATE Biotechnology?
  3. Is it fine to do Ph.D in Biotechnology and CSIR, NET, GATE and JRF fellowship exam?
  4. Eligibility to apply and number of attempts available in DBT-JRF for M.Sc(Biotechnology) student?
  5. How to go for M.Tech in ECE by cracking GATE exam?
  6. How many times I can appear in DBT-JRF?
  7. How to get JRF in Biotechnology?
  8. What are the advantages of cracking GATE exam? I have completed MSc Microbiology from Pune University
  9. Eligibility to appear in DBT-JRF and ICAR-JRF if secured 5.7 CGPA in B.Tech?
  10. For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer? -- [New]
  11. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  12. Can I reapply for DBT-JRF if my form is rejected last year?
  13. What is better for me after B.Tech Compute Science? Which field contains more scope?
  14. Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  15. Whether Mathematics section is mandatory to attempt in DBT-JRF?
  16. Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc in Biotechnology and M.Sc in Rural Technology?
  17. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology program without NET and GATE in India?
  18. Eligibility for entrance exams like DBT-JRF and ICAR with CGPA of 5.7 in B.Tech (Biotechnology)? -- [Most Discussed]

25th September 2014, 11:15 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How does cracking GATE help to acquire JRF? I have completed my B.E in Biotechnology

For eligibility, candidate needs to hold Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma). Even Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications are eligible. The Graduate Admission Test in Engineering is an all-India level examination for students who wants to pursue Masters/Direct PhD in India as well as abroad. GATE score matters a lot for those aspiring to seek admission in institutes like IIT, NIT, IISC. The GATE score is important for admissions to various post-graduate programs. Usually GATE qualified candidates who have completed B.E., B.Tech, B.Pharmare eligible to apply at any of the CSIR institutes engaged in Biological / Biochemical research. These institutes prefer JRF-GATE fellows as per new UGC PhD guidelines.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?