1st June 2020, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue PhD(English) with 50% in MA and completed MPhil?

I have passed MA in English with 50 percent marks and have done MPhil in English as well. Now, I am looking forward to study PhD in English. Am I eligible for the PhD in English? Please let me know asap.

5th June 2020, 12:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD(English) with 50% in MA and completed MPhil?

••• The candidates who have completed Master's course in English are eligible to pursue PhD in English.

••• Candidate should have minimum percentage of 55% in order to get admission in this course. However, relaxation of 5% is given to reserved category students.

Entrance Test:

UGC NET
5th June 2020, 05:50 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD(English) with 50% in MA and completed MPhil?

Eligibility criteria for PhD English:-

> Candidate must have completed a master's degree from a recognised University.
> The candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in M.A course pursued by him / her.
Several actions are available to SC, ST and physically handicapped students in this regard.
Additional qualifications like M.Phil or Bank UGC NET/JRF qualified are considered beneficial while admission.
6th June 2020, 02:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for PhD English:-

Students must have passed master's degree course from a recognised university or equivalent qualification from a recognised University approved by UGC. You must have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate.

For SC / ST/ OBC, the required percentage for admission to PhD course is at least 50% marks in qualifying exam. You will have to qualify UGC NET exam in order to get admission.
6th June 2020, 04:51 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

I am giving you the educational qualification which is required to study PhD in English. The candidate must have passed Master's degree in the relevant field or equivalent with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. This score percentage may vary university to university for that you need to contact the university in which you want to take admission. Admission selection is done on the basis of entrance test which is conducted by the university and followed by an interview.

The candidate who has already qualified UGS NET/SET will be exempted from the entrance test but will have to appear for the interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?