19th May 2015, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Ph.D in English after M.A. English Honors and PG diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication?

I am M.A. English (hons.) first class from Panjab University, Chandigarh. After that, I have done PG Diploma in Journalsim and Mass Communication. I am keen to do Ph.D in English.I seek your gudinace for the same.

19th May 2015, 07:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D in English after M.A. English Honors and PG diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication?

The minimum qualification for Ph.D admission is Master's degree with at least 55% marks. If you fulfill this criteria then you are definitely eligible for admission without any doubt but you have to appear for entrance exam and interview before getting selected. If you have got score in NET/SLET/JRF then you can apply for admission without appearing for entrance exam.

The notification is released by the University every year and you have to apply according to it. Hence, if you fulfill the percentage criteria then go ahead with admission and apply when the notification is released. If possible clear NET/SLET/JRF because it will help you to get admission in top colleges.
20th May 2015, 12:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D in English after M.A. English Honors and PG diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am M.A. English (hons.) first class from Panjab University, Chandigarh. After that, I have done PG Diploma in Journalsim and Mass Communication. I am keen to do Ph.D in English.I seek your gudinace for the same.
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D in English because you have completed M.A in English.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D in English.

But you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

Pattern for UGC NET exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?