25th November 2015, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for CTET exam after passing B.A English Honors with 47% and M.A in English with 50%?

I have passed 12 with 65%, and then I have cleared my graduation with 47% from B.A English Honors and post graduation with 50% in M.A English. Can I appear for CTET exam?

26th November 2015, 01:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for CTET exam after passing B.A English Honors with 47% and M.A in English with 50%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12 with 65%, and then I have cleared my graduation with 47% from B.A English Honors and post graduation with 50% in M.A English. Can I appear for CTET exam?
Yes, you can apply for CTET exam.

Minimum educational qualifications for becoming teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage) of CTET exam is Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed.

Minimum educational qualifications for becoming teacher for Elementary stage(For becoming teachers from class VI to VIII) is Graduation degree or appearing in final year of graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 18 to 40 years.
26th November 2015, 03:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for CTET exam after passing B.A English Honors with 47% and M.A in English with 50%?

You are not eligible to appear in CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) with the above mentioned educational qualification. Yes, here is the detailed basic educational qualification required. CTET Examination is basically conducted for teaching for Classes I to V and For Classes VI to VIII. You have completed both Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree, well this is good. But you are still required to do B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) Course in order to be eligible for appearing in CTET Examination. The basic educational qualification required is,
> Bachelor Degree (B.Sc/ B.A) and passed or appearing in the final 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education
(or)
> B.A or B.Sc with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) course.
Since you have not met the required eligibility criteria, I am once again sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in Central Teacher Eligibility Test.

Click here for More Details
26th November 2015, 04:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for Teacher Eligibility Test:

It is conducted by both Central government and state government.

1. A candidate should have Indian Citizenship.
2. Graduation degree from recognized University in any stream with at least 50% marks.
3. No Age limit.

To pass the exam you need to score 60% and 55% for SC/ST.
26th November 2015, 04:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For CTET you need B.Ed qualification along with your degree qualification. Therefore, you have to complete B.Ed now to become eligible for this exam. For B.Ed admission you have to appear for entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

B.Ed is offered by most of the top universities through entrance exam. Therefore, be prepared for exam so that you can get admission in a top college.
28th August 2017, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th with 48% and cleared B.A. with 40% and M.A.in English Language & Literature with 56% and finally i have completed my B.Ed. with distinction. Am i eligible for appearing ctet
4th September 2017, 05:35 PM
spike.raghu

TET( teacher eligibility test) or CTET(central teacher eligibility test) requires a B.Ed( bachelor in education) along with a graduation in any discipline.
12th June 2018, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B. A(GEN) with 53% nd B. Ed 61% nd M. A with 73%...so I am able for the CTET or not??
8th August 2018, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my ba recently with 73percent mark can l give ctet exam ?
6th March 2019, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.A(Honrs) economics ,passed with distinction and i am in final year of M.A (Honrs) economics can i apply for ctet exam ?
23rd January 2020, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

I've passes b.com with 47 percent and MA English with 58percent can I appear for ctet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?