7th July 2015, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Ph.D in MDU with 59% marks in MA English?

Sir/madam,

I want to apply for phd in mdu.. I have secured 59 percent in m.a.English from kuk... Plz tell me what is tha last date for applications and can I apply for both distance and regular phd.....Plz answer on... .. I really need to know the information to move forward.
Thnx a lot

7th July 2015, 03:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D in MDU with 59% marks in MA English?

According to eligibility criteria you are definitely eligible for Ph.D as you have got above 55% marks in your M.A English. It is up to you to decide whether you want to go for distance or regular Ph.D according to your convenience.

For getting admission in your choice of University you must try to qualify exams like NET/SET/JRF as they give preference to candidates with any one of these scores. You have to apply on a prescribed format and send application with supporting documents to the University.

For more information visit http://www.kuk.ac.in
7th July 2015, 07:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/madam,

I want to apply for phd in mdu.. I have secured 59 percent in m.a.English from kuk... Plz tell me what is tha last date for applications and can I apply for both distance and regular phd.....Plz answer on... .. I really need to know the information to move forward.
Thnx a lot
You have completed M.A in English Kuk so you are eligible for Ph.D in MDU.

The educational qualification required for Ph.D course is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for Ph.D exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.
8th July 2015, 02:55 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to pursue Ph.D course in MDU after having completed your M.A. in English with 59% as the minimum requirement to pursue Ph.D course is that a candidate should have completed his/her PG course with a minimum of 55% marks.

As, you have scored more than 55% in your PG course, therefore, you are very much eligible for the course.
4th April 2018, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I am doing ma English in distance (correspondence) from annamalai university which is not recognised by ugc! will i be eligible for phd? Or shall i try from another university

[email protected]

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?