24th October 2016, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D through distance education having passed MA in 2002?

I am 38 years old and part time lecturer of a college. I passed MA in ancient Indian history and culture from Calcutta University in 2002. Now, I want to do PhD through distance education. How can it be possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I go for B.A in psychology distance education and then proceed with M.A and PhD? PhD also comes with distance education?
  2. Am I eligible to Ph.D after long gap of graduation completion?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  4. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. List of Universities offering PhD in IT Management through distance education?
  6. Can I do M.A. in Sociology by distance education being an M.Sc degree holder? Would it make a difference if I do M.A. along with my Science PhD?
  7. Universities offering Distance M.Ed in Kerala? Possibility to do distance PhD after this?
  8. How to do M.Phil or Ph.D from distance education after passing MSc in EVS from Vidyasagar University
  9. Universities in Maharashtra for PhD HR through distance education?
  10. Am I eligible for Government jobs if I have completed my degree via distance education?
  11. Procedure to study and course fee of distance PhD in Mathematics?
  12. How can I do PhD in Urdu through distance education?
  13. Ph.D in Computer science after MCA from Punjab Technical University in distance education?
  14. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in open distance education?
  15. Can I do Ph.D after completion of English through distance education?
  16. Am I eligible to pursue PhD directly after completing M.Phil through Distance education? -- [New]
  17. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
  18. How can I do M.Phil or PhD through distance learning? Universities and study centres in West Bengal for doing M.Phil and PhD through distance education mode?
25th October 2016, 12:39 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D through distance education having passed MA in 2002?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can pursue Ph.D course through distance mode after the completion of MA in 2002.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course through distance mode.
25th October 2016, 04:53 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 38 years old and part time lecturer of a college. I passed MA in ancient Indian history and culture from Calcutta University in 2002. Now, I want to do PhD through distance education. How can it be possible?

Yes, you can do PhD through distance education having passed MA in the year 2002. The PhD in History is available in IGNOU through distance education. So you can study the PhD History in IGNOU, as there is no age limit to study PhD. The eligibility to study the PhD in History will be a pass in M.A History with 55% marks from a recognized university and five years of teaching experience. As you mentioned you are a lecturer, so you can study the course in IGNOU. The admission to the PhD will be done on the basis of your performance in the PhD Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the IGNOU. The website link is Click Here
25th October 2016, 11:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can do Ph.D course.

But your masters degree must be above 55% from a recognized University.

List of the University are given below.

Goa University
Ph. No: 0832 651 9048
Address: Taleigao Plateau, Bambolim, Goa-403001
https://www.unigoa.ac.in

Nalanga Open University
Ph. No: 0612 220 6916
Address: West Gandhi Maidan, 1st Floor, Biscoman Bhawan, Patna, Bihar-800001
http://www.nalandaopenuniversity.com

IGNOU
Ph. No: 011 2953 3869
Address: # RZ-A-44, Road Number 4, Block B, Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, Delhi-110037
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?