29th September 2022, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD after MBA WITH 54% marks?

I got my MBA degree in marketing with 54%marks from SMU. I want to do PhD. Is it possible??

30th September 2022, 12:32 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD after MBA WITH 54% marks?

To do PhD candidates who have done post graduate degree with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

Duration of this course is 3 years.

The entrance exam called UGC-NET.
30th September 2022, 05:24 AM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

The admission to pursue Doctorate in any subject is through National Testing Agency (NTA) condcuted by University Grants Commission (UGC) also known as UGC-NET. You must have scored minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation from a recognized College or University. 5% relaxation is offered to the candidates of SC/ST, Pwd and transgenders. You can apply for admission through paid seat.
30th September 2022, 08:31 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You have completed MBA with 54% marks from a recognised University, so you are not for PhD course.
Those candidates who have completed master's degree from a recognised University are eligible for PhD entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in master's degree.

Your age should be below 28 years old for JRF post.
30th September 2022, 12:14 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who have completed their masters in relevant subject with atleast 50 to 55% marks from a recognised board are eligible for admission.
The percentage of masters degree depends on the college in which one is taking admission.
Some may grant you admission on 55% marks and some on 50%.
This with such percentage you can apply for admission.
Admission to PhD is granted on the basis of entrance exam and interview.
30th September 2022, 12:32 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do PhD after MBA, and the minimum qualification required is a candidate must have completed a 2-year MBA degree from a recognized university. Along with the MBA degree, you need to qualify for UGC-NET or GATE exam to gain admission to top business universities. You must have a research proposal ready along with letters of recommendation and optional work experience to increase your chances of admission. The minimum score and the admission process may vary from college to college which you can check before applying. Most universities conduct their own entrance test to grant admission to PhD.
30th September 2022, 01:18 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

If you are a general category candidate then you must have at least 55% marks in your MBA to become eligible for PhD admission. For reserved category candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks for PhD admission.
Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognised University are eligible for NET exam.

Age criteria for NET exam:-
For JRF post - your age should be below 28 years.
For Lecturership post - there is no age criteria

For more details about NET exam click on the official link - http://www.ugc.ac.in
30th September 2022, 01:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For getting admission in PhD programme, the minimum education required is a post-graduation in concerned discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed in case of reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your MBA degree course with 54% marks in aggregate you are eligible for PhD admissions only of you belong to reserved category.
30th September 2022, 04:25 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Candidates must have a post graduate degree with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

The duration of this course is 3 years.

Candidates also have to appear in the entrance exam called UGC-NET.
30th September 2022, 05:28 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for PhD course is that:-

Educational Qualification:- Candidates are eligible who have completed their post-graduation degree in Commerce or M. Phil. degree with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks from a recognised university.
30th September 2022, 05:48 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required for a Ph.D. course is that candidate must have completed a master's degree with at least 55% of marks in aggregate from any recognized university or Institute.

So, you are not eligible for the PhD course.
2nd October 2022, 08:24 PM
Muskan 0786
Senior Member++

Those candidates who have completed their masters degree from a recognized university with minimum 55%marks.

Duration of this course is 3 years.

Entrance exam called UGC-NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?