14th January 2023, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD to be an Assistant Professor? Chance to get Government job for a candidate at 43 years of age?

Hello Sir, I am 39 years of age. Can I do PhD to be an Assistant Professor? It takes another 3 years to complete PhD. After the age of 43 years is there any chance to get Government job?

17th January 2023, 11:11 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD to be an Assistant Professor? Chance to get Government job for a candidate at 43 years of age?

For becoming Assistant professor, the minimum eligibility criteria is UGC NET or PhD.
If a candidate is qualified both I.e PhD and UGC NET , they are eligible for Assistant professor or Associate professor post.
Candidate will get promotion in their post with both qualifies degree.
The age limit is 21 to 40 years.

For becoming professor in government colleges , candidate is required to appear in competitive exam like CSIR NET, SLET, GATE etc
19th January 2023, 02:22 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD to be an Assistant Professor? Chance to get Government job for a candidate at 43 years of age?

To become an Assistant Professor, candidates have to appear in the entrance exam called UGC NET.

Yes,you will get a chance to get Government job as your age is 40 or above.
23rd January 2023, 05:06 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility required to become assistant professor is that you must have completed the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar tests accredited by the UGC.

Your age should not be more than 40 years as of the year of application. However, the candidates of reserve categories will get the relaxation as per the government rules.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?