23rd February 2023, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in finance from distance learning from ignou? Duration, exam fee, syllabus and admission procedure?

Dear Sir/Mam, Greetings for the day!!

I would like to inform you that I have completed MBA in finance from Distance learning from Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. I have some queries. I request you to please resolve my queries. The queries are as follows:

1) Can I do PhD in finance from distance learning from ignou?
2) PhD Course Duration
3) PhD Course Fee
4) Entrance Exam fee and syllabus
5) PhD Course Syllabus
6) Admission Procedure and other required information.

I hope you will resolve my queries and I will able to take admission by this year.

Thanks & Regards
Mandeep Kaur

26th February 2023, 07:24 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD in finance from distance learning from ignou? Duration, exam fee, syllabus and admission procedure?

Those who have done masters in relevant subject with 55% marks from a recognised board are eligible for admission.

Interested candidates ban apply for PhD programme through distance learning.
All programmes offered by IGNOU , whether in regular, distance or online mode are valid.

Admission is usually granted on the basis of entrance exam and interview.

National level PhD entrance exam are
CUCET
GPAT
VITEEE
RUET
University level entrance exam
Candidates can apply online through their official website.

Selection process is purely based on merit.
It's 3 to 5 years duration course.
The syllabus includes topics like
International Macroeconomic and finance
Asset pricing
Behavioural Finance
Statistical analysis
Corporate Governance
Portfolio choice
Calculus
Venture capital
Actuarial science
The average fee charged by IGNOU for PhD program is Rs 16,800
27th February 2023, 01:35 PM
Antonio 2023

Default Re: Can I do PhD in finance from distance learning from ignou? Duration, exam fee, syllabus and admission procedure?

Yes, IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) offers a distance learning PhD program in Finance.

The duration of the PhD in Finance program offered by IGNOU is a minimum of three years and a maximum of six years.

Here's an overview of the syllabus:
• Research Methodology: This course covers the fundamental principles of research design, methods of data collection and analysis, statistical techniques, and writing a research report.
• Advanced Finance Theory: This course covers advanced topics in finance theory, including corporate finance, asset pricing, financial institutions and markets, and risk management.
• Elective Courses: Students are required to choose two elective courses from a list of courses offered by the university. The elective courses cover specialized topics in finance, such as financial derivatives, international finance, behavioral finance, and financial modeling.
• Qualifying Examinations: After completing the coursework, students are required to pass two qualifying examinations, which evaluate their knowledge and understanding of the subject matter.
• Dissertation: The dissertation is a substantial research project that demonstrates the student's ability to conduct independent research and contribute to the knowledge in the field of finance. The student is required to select a research topic, conduct original research, analyze the data, and produce a written dissertation that meets the academic standards.

Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria set by the university, which includes a Master's degree in Finance or related discipline with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade.

Candidates are required to prepare a research proposal that outlines their research interests and objectives, research methodology, and expected outcomes.

Candidates are required to appear for an entrance test conducted by IGNOU. Shortlisted candidates are called for an interview conducted by the university. Based on the candidate's performance in the entrance test and interview, the university selects candidates for admission to the PhD program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?