27th May 2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Microbiology if pursue M.Sc in Biotechnology?

Sir,
I'm pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology and I want to study PhD in Microbiology. So, I should take Microbiology in my M.Sc? I want to know that by doing M.Sc in Biotechnology I can do PhD in Microbiology?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  2. How should I pursue Ph.D in Nutrition after doing MSc in Microbiology?
  3. Possibility to persue M.Sc microbiology plus Phd in environmental microbiology or microbiology after B.Tech Biotechnology and gained experience as an RA in Solid waste management
  4. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  5. Eligibility for doing PhD in Agriculture Biotechnology?
  6. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  7. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology?
  8. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  9. How to get opportunity to pursue PhD in Biotechnology with fellowship in Germany?
  10. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology
  11. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  13. Universities for doing PhD in Biotechnology through distance mode?
  14. List of colleges offering Phd course after doing MSc Microbiology?
  15. Can I apply for Education Loan to study PhD in Microbiology in Abroad?
  16. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotechnology), either M.Sc(forensic) or M.Sc(microbiology) or M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  17. Which course is better between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  18. List of colleges and procedure to apply for part time PhD in Marine Microbiology?
8th June 2015, 09:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Microbiology if pursue M.Sc in Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I'm pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology and I want to study PhD in Microbiology. So, I should take Microbiology in my M.Sc? I want to know that by doing M.Sc in Biotechnology I can do PhD in Microbiology?
If you have completed M.Sc degree in Biotechnology from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D in Microbiology.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
9th June 2015, 12:49 AM
MECHANICAL REACTION

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Microbiology if pursue M.Sc in Biotechnology?

For your kind information i want to tell you that no candidate are allowed for pursuing doctorate till he or she complete his or her master degree.

Also there must be any backlog allowed in the doctorate.

There is some more constraints that one also have to follow to get admission in doctorate institutions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?