15th August 2017, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Can a M.Com 1st year passed get into PhD course? What is the procedure for PhD while pursuing Masters?

Sir, I have complete 1st year of M.Com from CCS University, Meerut with 50%. Can I start PhD course now? What is the procedure for PhD?

16th August 2017, 11:41 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a M.Com 1st year passed get into PhD course? What is the procedure for PhD while pursuing Masters?

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for PhD at this stage, a candidate must have to complete his/her Post-graduation first in order to apply for PhD.
There is no such procedure of doing or applying for PhD while pursuing Masters, you must have to complete masters degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate so as to pursue PhD in relevant subject.
A candidate who have completed masters degree with a minimum aggregate percentage of 55% is eligible to apply for PhD course in relevant subject.
17th August 2017, 01:02 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a M.Com 1st year passed get into PhD course? What is the procedure for PhD while pursuing Masters?

Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the NET examination to pursue Ph.D course.
Final year candidates can also apply for the NET examination, if they posses the same percentage of marks.
So, you are not eligible at this instant to pursue for the Ph.D course. First, you have to complete your Masters degree course, then you can apply for the Ph.D course.
17th August 2017, 01:49 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have complete 1st year of M.Com from CCS University, Meerut with 50%. Can I start PhD course now? What is the procedure for PhD?

Sorry, it is not possible to do a PhD after completion of M.Com 1st year. Those candidates who have completed a masters degree in commerce (M.Com) with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for a PhD in Commerce admission. Candidates are shortlisted to the PhD admission on the basis of an entrance examination and interview. Those who have qualified NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil shall be exempted from the entrance examination. Therefore, candidates have to complete a masters degree (M.Com) course with over 55% marks and then apply for the admission to the PhD program.
17th August 2017, 11:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't pursue Ph.D along with your M.Com 1st year. The minimum qualification to apply for Ph.D admission is a masters degree with 55% marks from a recognized university.

Hence, make sure you have 55% or above, if you want to do Ph.D after M.Com degree. Admission will be on merit through entrance exam and interview.
20th August 2017, 12:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed M.Com 1st year with 50% marks from a recognized University so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

So 1st complete your M.Com degree with above 55% marks then you can apply Ph.D course.

You can qualify in UGC NET then you can apply for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?