14th January 2023, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Can we do PhD in Mathematics after MSc IT

I am a student of 1st year bsc it and my personal interest is only in mathematics as I did my 2 in commerce field -unfortunately ,I am not eligible for bsc maths so Bsc IT was a good stream where,in I can Study mathematics and I wished to do a PhD in mathematics ..so what are the good solutions for my complicated doubt?

15th January 2023, 05:46 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we do PhD in Mathematics after MSc IT

Yes, you can apply for Doctor of Philosophy in mathematics However, the minimum eligibility required to do Ph.D in mathematics is that you must have completed M.Sc. Degree in Mathematical or Physical Sciences or Bachelor of Technology Candidates from any discipline with a minimum of 55% score.
15th January 2023, 09:39 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Candidates with a master's degree in mathematics ( MSc mathematics ), physical sciences or M. Tech candidates can choose to pursue a PhD in mathematics. After its completion, candidates can find various options of employment in academic as well as research sectors.
15th January 2023, 09:53 PM
Shantanubose22

Yes, you can do that. Students must pursue a PhD Mathematics after they have completed their Master's degree. After the students have completed their M. Phil, M.Sc, or MA in Math or related subjects, the decision must be taken.
16th January 2023, 03:42 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who have completed masters degree MSc, M.Phil or MA in maths or related subject are eligible for PhD admission.
Thus those who have Masters degree in maths , physical science, b.tech candidate from any discipline are eligible.
Some institutes also offer admission to graduate students with excellent academic performance.
Admission is granted on the basis of entrance exam or merit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?