17th February 2015, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Candidates who are having B.Tech, PGDM or M.L.L. & L.W. Degrees are eligible to do PhD in Mathematics?

Whether the person having following qualifications is eligible for Phd. in mathematics. If not please mention the criteria to be fulfilled to be eligible for the same:
BTech. ( Electronice & Comm. Kurukshetra University)
PGDM ( PM& HRD I.I.M.M. Pune)
M.L.L & L.W (Pune University)

19th February 2015, 10:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Candidates who are having B.Tech, PGDM or M.L.L. & L.W. Degrees are eligible to do PhD in Mathematics?

You must have Master's Degree in Maths or its equivalent to become eligible for Ph.D admission. One must have at least 55% marks in your Master's degree from a recognized University.

The qualification you have mentioned above is not enough to make you eligible for Ph.D in Mathematics. Hence, you have to complete a Masters's degree which is related to Maths then you will be eligible for admission.

You also have to clear other exams like CSIR NET/SLET/JRF for getting admission in top colleges. There are Ph.D entrance exams also conducted by various Universities and you can appear for them also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?