28th January 2014, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PhD having done two years fully residential PGDM in Finance?

Dear sir/madam
I am basically a BBA Graduate (63%) after my graduation i done A Two years AICTE appoved Fully residentail PGDM in Finance (74%). i want to know my eligibility to register for Phd

5th March 2014, 08:48 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD having done two years fully residential PGDM in Finance?

You are eligible for doing your Ph.D having done your PGDM in Finance stream.The university you completed your PGDM course must be recognized by AICTE.As you are telling that your college which you did your PGDM is recognized by the AICTE ,yes of course you are eligible for doing your Ph.D.As you are from the PGDM Finance stream ,you can simply go for the Ph.D in Banking and Finance stream.Basically the duration of this course is of 5 years.

You may go for the Ph.D(Banking and Finance) stream,and generally to be eligible for Ph.D you must have a minimum of Masters degree from a recognized university.The Postgraduate programme in Commerce field is highly recommended.You will be dealt with the following courses such as Capital Markets,Investments,Theory of Finance,Research Methodology,Corporate Finance,Mathematical finance and more.So the candidates from the economics,mathematics or Accounts are highly preferred for this course.

You may find your employment and work as following roles such as Relationship Manager,Credit control manager,Stockbroker,Analyst,Branch staff and Teller,Corporate Banking executive,Customer care executive,Statistician and more.The colleges offering this Ph.D courses in are,University of Delhi(DU);SIES College of Management Studies;Sir Padampat Singhania University;Loyola Institute of Business Administration;Purvanchal University/Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University/Birla Institute of Technology and Science;Institute of Financial Management and Research and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?