28th January 2014, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Can we do PhD after PGDM?

Hi.. I am roshan jha from raipur, doing B.B.A. After B.B.A i am thinking for pgdm.. So, after pgdm can i am able for phd.. Pls reply..

4th February 2014, 05:51 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can we do PhD after PGDM?

PGDM is just a Diploma course,through which you will be given a certificate by the institute or Recognized university.So PGDM is a 2 years course,and basically you can surely go for Ph.D.But be careful that you are allowed to go for Ph.D when you do your PGDM from an AICTE recognized colleges.The best option for is to get a PGDM course from IIM’s(Indian Institute of Management).

You are only eligible to do Ph.D when you come with your PGDM Course from an AICTE approved college.The colleges/Institutions providing this PGDM Course must be a member of Association of Indian universities.If you are a member from association of Indian universities,then you can write UGC NET Examination.

his National Eligibility Test(NET) exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission.You must have obtained a minimum of 60% in your academics to be eligible for your Phd.Basically for doing Ph.D masters degree is required.For reserved candidates,the percentage must be obtained is 55% minimum.

It would be an Added advantage if you have working experience of at least 1 year.As you are right now pursuing your Bachelor of Business Administration,you can go for the PGDM course.There are some of the specializations like Human resource,Finance,Marketing,Information Technology,International Business,Risk Management and more.So make sure that you comlete your PGDM from a recognized university,then only you will be eligible for doing Ph.D course.
1st June 2014, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my PGDM in HR from Regional College of Management ,Odisha. Right now I am working as a business consultant from an international business consulting firm.Can I do Ph.D??Please guide me
7th June 2014, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

yes you can , your PGDM college should be AICTE recognized & the course should be equated with MBA degree by AIU..You can find the list of all colleges whose PGDM/PGDBM is equivalent to MBA on their website...link is http://www.aiuweb.org/evaluation/evaluation.asp

Hope that resolves your query
5th September 2014, 02:52 AM
Unregistered

Now I m doing pgdm ..so which site is very good for making Carrier, marketing , finance,,?? Actualy am good in marketing..but after pgdm what should I do???
2nd November 2014, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I have completed my PGDM & having 2 years of exp. in HRM . I want to sit for NET... AM i Eligible for this?
17th June 2015, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my PGDM from Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida with a PGDM(M) degree which (the PGDM(M) programme) is AICTE affiliated but is not recognized by UGC.
Can i still pursue PhD. Kindly help
13th July 2015, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

I have completed PGDM-HR from AIMA new delhi university.can i do phd?
30th July 2015, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I have Completed PGDITM from CME-AIMA which is AICTE approved. Is this course equivalent to Master Degree. Can i Apply for PhD in AIU /UGC affiliated university
26th June 2016, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

I have completed graduation(b.com) .which specialization can I choose.recently I have visited a college(iirm) ,offers pgdm program,it offers HR, FINANCE,MARKETING , RISK MANAGEMENT,&FINANCIAL SERVICES.PLZ REPLY.
27th September 2017, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Can you please tell me after completing 2 year PGDM course i am eligible for Phd or not?
If yes can you please suggest me name of college and university?
29th December 2019, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation and m thinking for doing pgdm from Nmims institute so can I eligible for PhD in future
31st May 2020, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I DO PHD DIRECTLY AFTER COMPLETING PGDM FROM GLOBSYN BUSINESS SCHOOL KOLKATA??
5th June 2020, 05:12 PM
aarushiguglani1

No, you cannot do PhD after PGDM. Doing PHD you must have a master degree such as MBA or MTech in your specification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?