28th January 2014, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD after PGDM? From where to do?

Sir,I've completed Pgdm in H.R.Can I do Phd after PGDM & from where that also tell me in a proper manner.

5th March 2014, 07:38 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do PhD after PGDM? From where to do?

Yes,you can do Ph.D after PGDM course. PGDM is a two year diploma course which is equivalent to M.B.A post graduation degree only you do this PGDM from an AICTE recognized university.Generally to be eligible for Ph.D course you must have a minimum of Masters degree from a recognized university.So here PGDM must be equivalent to MBA masters degree to be eligible for the Ph.D Course.so for that it must be recognized by University grants commission.

Generally PGDM Courses are provided by the autonomous colleges where as M.B.A degree is provided by the University of particular states itself.So even if the college recognized by the AICTE,then those of PGDM degrees are equivalent to the Masters MBA Degree.The PhD course minimum duration might be of 2 years and that of the maximum duration would be around 5 years.

There is no maximum age well as minimum age limit to be eligible.
You must have obtained minimum of 55% of marks for general candidates and for SC/ST/PH candidates it would be around 50% or else an equivalent grade from a recognized university is eligible.The various courses in Ph.D in management are Urban management,Management,Business management,and more.You can find good colleges are Amity school of Urban Management,University Business School,Panjab university;Jamia Hamdard (Deemed University);Christ college/University;Indira Institute of Management-Pune;KIIT School of Management;Pioneer Institute of Professional Studies;Warangal Institute of Management;The Department of Management Studies,Roorkee;College of Agribusiness Management;Faculty of Management Studies,Delhi; and more.
5th March 2015, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do PhD after PGDM? From where to do?

sir i have done b com what should i do pgdm or mba which one will be best for me i want to from distance lerning plz let me know good university which offer this tow courese
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?