14th January 2023, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Completed Ma psychology with 76% can I do PhD in sociology?

Hello, I have completed my MA psychology from ignou with 75% Mark's can I do my PHD in sociology from osmania university

15th January 2023, 02:32 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Completed Ma psychology with 76% can I do PhD in sociology?

Yes, you can certainly pursue Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology or Sociology. The minimum marks required is 55% for general category candidates.

However, you must be selected for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), either through a National Level Test conducted by national level organizations such as UGC or CSIR etc.
17th January 2023, 12:15 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Completed Ma psychology with 76% can I do PhD in sociology?

Those who have completed masters in sociology with atleast 55% and above marks from a recognised board are eligible for PhD programme.
In order to get admission to PhD, candidate has to pass competitive exam either at national level or university level.
This being psychology student, you can do PhD in sociology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?