11th March 2018, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for PhD(Clinical Psychology) if completed Masters in Psychology?

Hello I did MSc(Psychology) and now interested to do PhD in Clinical Psychology. I would like to know about my eligibility to do PhD in this stream Kindly tell me asap.

22nd April 2018, 10:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for PhD(Clinical Psychology) if completed Masters in Psychology?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for doing PhD in Clinical Psychology course after successful completion of Master's in Psychology course. In order to be eligible for doing this PhD in Clinical Psychology course, you are required to meet the below mentioned criteria.

>> Candidates must have completed their Master's Degree, (M.A/ M.Sc) in Psychology from a university recognized by the UGC with minimum 55% marks.

>> Some of the colleges ask candidates to score minimum 60% marks or 65% marks in the qualifying examination.

>> As you are done with M.Sc in Psychology, I am sure that you are eligible to pursue this doctoral program. But you are required to appear in any of the entrance examination's which is conducted national level.
22nd April 2018, 11:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for PhD(Clinical Psychology) if completed Masters in Psychology?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to apply for PhD in Clinical Psychology after the completion of M.Sc in Psychology.
Since, you have studied Psychology as a subject in your Masters degree course, you are eligible to opt for PhD course in Clinical Psychology.
Candidates those who have completed their M.Sc studying Psychology as a subject from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Clinical Psychology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?