22nd December 2014, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in ICMR-JRF for B.Sc(Botany) student?

hello
i have completd my B.Sc in Botany....
i want to apply and give icmr jrf exam....
can i eligible for this exam?
kindly let me know.....

25th December 2014, 01:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in ICMR-JRF for B.Sc(Botany) student?

B.Sc Botany is not enough for ICMR JRF exam. You need to complete Master's Degree in respective discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized University for ICMR JRF. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong SC/ST and Physically handicapped candidates.

If you want to apply for JRF exams with B.Sc Botany qualification then you can try ICAR JRF which required only a Bachelor degree in basic sciences with 60% marks.

If you are only interested in ICMR JRF then you must take admission in M.Sc degree and complete it with at least 55% marks.

For more information visit ICMR Notification
25th December 2014, 07:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in ICMR-JRF for B.Sc(Botany) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
i have completd my B.Sc in Botany....
i want to apply and give icmr jrf exam....
can i eligible for this exam?
kindly let me know.....
No, B.Sc in Botany candidates are not eligible for ICMR JRF exam.

Those candidates who have completed M.Sc/M.A or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for general/OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST & physically handicapped candidates in the subjects of like microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary sciences etc are eligible for ICMR JRF exam.

Your age should be below 28 years. (upper age limit relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, physically handicapped (PH) and female candidates, 3 years in the case of OBC category).

http://icmr.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?