16th January 2015, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

How many times I can appear in DBT-JRF?

Hello
I have completed M.Sc in Biotechnology
Now eagerly want to give DBT JRF exam
kindly let me know about the number of
attempts allowed in DBT JRF entrance exam?

17th January 2015, 04:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times I can appear in DBT-JRF?

A maximum of Three attempts is allowed to appear in DBT-JRF examination during your career within the prescribed age limit (28 years). Candidates who have completed Master's degree courses from a recognised university are eligible to appear in DBT-JRF examination. Candidates should have to utilize these three attempts in the year when they are completing Master's degree course and in the next two subsequent years. So, you can appear maximum of three times in DBT-JRF examination.
17th January 2015, 11:07 PM
anair

DBT JRF fellowship is a prestigious award and the recipients of the award are eligible to do research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. JRFs are selected on the basis of merit under 2 categories. Category I and category II.
There is a restriction on how many times you can attempt the exam. You have 3 attempts at the exam.
The DBT-JRF award is subject to PhD registration for 2 years. So you need to keep that in mind if you become eligible for the fellowship.
18th January 2015, 01:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Number of Attempts allowed in DBT JRF Entrance exam is 03 (You can appear for this exam maximum of 3 times only). Remember you can appear for DBT JRF Exam only thrice during your career within the prescribed age limit. Since you have completed M.Sc in Biotechnology, you are absolutely eligible to appear for DBT JRF exam. You can check BET (BioTechnology Eligibility Test) exam details in the below link provided for reference (to get an Idea).

Total number of Fellowships - Increased to 375 Junior Research Fellow's (JRFs)

Click here for BET details - http://www.nccs.res.in/download-docs/BET-2014.pdf
18th March 2017, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Please, confirm me that if I filled the exam form but don't appear in exam
It will be calculated in the dbt exam's attempted or not??
10th March 2019, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Whether the exam should be attented during and soon after the masters? I completed my masters 9 yrs ago ,can i write this exam now?my age limit is ok as per their conditions. Pls reply
13th March 2022, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

How many attempts can give in dbt jrf exam...if I gave the exam from 2019 to 2021 then, Can I give 2022 dbt jrf exam or not??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?