13th October 2015, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do PhD in Pune University for English postgraduate with 55% of IGNOU?

Hi,
I just want to know if I am eligible to apply for PhD program in Pune University after completion of M.A. in English from IGNOU with 55%?

Related Questions:
  1. Information about pursuing PhD English from IGNOU?
  2. Selection process and entrance exam for doing PhD in IGNOU for M.Phil postgraduate?
  3. Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate?
  4. Detailed information and eligibility to study PhD in English in IGNOU, Kanpur for a candidate who has completed M.A.(English) from University of Jammu?
  5. Eligibility to study PhD in Hindi in IGNOU for M.Phil postgraduate?
  6. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  8. How can I get admission to study PhD in English being a M.A. and B.Ed postgraduate?
  9. Can I study PhD in English in any other university if pursuing Master's Degree from IGNOU?
  10. Does IGNOU offer PhD in Hindi course to M.Phil postgraduate?
  11. Procedure to apply for PhD in Commerce in Pune University for M.Phil postgraduate?
  12. Information about PhDin English Literature from IGNOU?
  13. From where I should study PhD in English if completed M.A. from IGNOU?
  14. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  15. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  16. Can I register for PhD course in Calicut University being a Distance M.A.(English) postgraduate of Andhra University?
  17. Detailed information about PhD(Mathematics) course offered in Pune University for M.Sc(Applied Mathematics) postgraduate?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd October 2015, 05:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do PhD in Pune University for English postgraduate with 55% of IGNOU?

Yes, you are eligible for PH.D admission with the qualification that you have mentioned. 55% marks is the minimum marks required for admission in any PH.D programme in India. IGNOU is a recognized open university and your qualification is valid for admission in any research program.

If you have qualified exams like NET/SET/JRF then you will have good chance of getting admission in Pune University. There will be interview stage before admission and only candidates with good marks get admission.
23rd October 2015, 07:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do PhD in Pune University for English postgraduate with 55% of IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I just want to know if I am eligible to apply for PhD program in Pune University after completion of M.A. in English from IGNOU with 55%?
If you have completed of M.A in English with 55% from IGNOU then you are eligible for admission in Ph.D in English in Pune University.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course but you must have valid UGC NET score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?