18th March 2016, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD in Mathematics for EE graduate? How can I get a chance for doing PhD in Mathematics?

Sir,
I have completed my B.Tech 4 years course in EE branch from a private Engineering college. I had taken Mathematics as a subject in 3rd semester in B.Tech. I have also applied for the EE paper in GATE. Am I eligible for PhD in Mathematics? I want to know the procedure that how can I get a chance for doing PhD in Mathematics?
Thank you!
Soumyajiarka

Related Questions:
  1. How can I study Ph.D in Mathematics directly being a M.Sc post graduate?
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  3. Chances to study PhD in Applied Mathematics for a B.Tech student?
  4. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  5. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  6. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?
  7. Detailed information and eligibility to study Integrated PhD in Mathematics?
  8. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  9. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?
  11. Can I study PhD in Mathematics after completion of my B.Tech?
  12. What should I do to study PhD in Mathematics being a postgraduate?
  13. Chances to do PhD in Mathematics in University of Oxford for M.Sc(Mathematics) student?
  14. Is there any option to do PhD in Mathematics? What is the eligibility criteria?
  15. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  16. How can I get admission to study PhD in Mathematics in any Central University after completing M.Sc(Mathematics)?
  17. Procedure to study and course fee of distance PhD in Mathematics?
  18. Detailed information and eligibility to study Integrated PhD in Applied Mathematics in TIFR?
21st March 2016, 12:48 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in Mathematics for EE graduate? How can I get a chance for doing PhD in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my B.Tech 4 years course in EE branch from a private Engineering college. I had taken Mathematics as a subject in 3rd semester in B.Tech. I have also applied for the EE paper in GATE. Am I eligible for PhD in Mathematics? I want to know the procedure that how can I get a chance for doing PhD in Mathematics?
Thank you!
Soumyajiarka
The eligibility to study the PhD in Mathematics is a pass in Master’s Degree in Mathematics with 55% marks from a recognized university. There will be an entrance examination and interview for the admission. So, the aspirant has to study M.Sc in Mathematics to study PhD course. The course is available in various colleges/universities in India. It is not possible for EE student to study PhD directly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?