5th December 2019, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam to get PhD(Geology) admission in Calcutta University? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

Hi friends, can anyone of you kindly tell me about the entrance exam through which I can get admission in Calcutta University for pursuing PhD in Geology course? Please tell me about the cutoff score also for securing admission.

9th December 2019, 06:57 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to get PhD(Geology) admission in Calcutta University? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

Yes, Entrance examination is available to study PhD in Geology at Calcutta University. Admission selection is based on the score obtained in RET (Research Entrance Test) followed by Research Proposal and an interview. The candidates who have already qualified UGC/CSIR/JRF(NET)/SET/SLET will be exempted from the written test. The cutoff marks depend on the number of candidates appearing for the test.

The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed MSc in Geology/Applied Geology from a recognized university. I am also giving you the university website link for your reference that is www.caluniv.ac.in
10th December 2019, 09:53 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to get PhD(Geology) admission in Calcutta University? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

Entrance required to pursue PhD in Geology in Calcutta University:

The detailed information about entrance exam to pursue PhD in Geology in Calcutta University is given below.

Name of the College - Calcutta University

Name of the Course - PhD in Geology

Entrance Test:

>> You should have passed any of the following examination to be eligible. NET or GATE or SET or Passed M.Phil or RET Entrance Test.

>> Candidates who qualify in the test shall be called for attending Interview.

>> The full marks for RET will be 50 Marks. Please refer to 5th page for more detailed information.

Click here for more details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?