28th June 2016, 12:59 PM
sarkar sourav

Can I get B.Tech admission in IIT-Kharagpur through LEET and JELET if secured 84% in Diploma Electrical? List of Government as well as private colleges offering B.Tech through JELET and LEET?

Hi Sir,
I have completed my Polytechnic Diploma in Electrical Engineering with 84% marks. I have appeared in LEET and JELET. Can I get admission for B.Tech in IIT-Kharagpur? Which are the Government colleges offer admission for B.Tech through this entrance exam? And tell me about the Private colleges also.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT, KGP after diploma in electrical engineering?
  2. Chances of getting admission in government or private colleges having 44 rank in JELET? IEM accepts JELET score?
  3. Will JELET 2017 be based upon the marks obtained in Diploma?
  4. How to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in electronics and telecommunication?
  5. Cutoff rank required in JELET to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering) for Diploma student? List of colleges which offer admission through JELET?
  6. List of Government Engineering colleges which offer Lateral B.Tech through JELET in India -- [Most Discussed]
  7. List of colleges for B.Tech admission through JELET -- [New]
  8. Can I get admission in HBTI by LEET? List of the government colleges in UP for LEET?
  9. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  10. How can I get admission in B.Tech through LEET if completed 3 years Diploma course?
  11. Am I eligible to do B.Tech in IIT being a Diploma Mechanical student?
  12. What is the admission procedure followed to apply for degree after completion of diploma course?
  13. Which colleges can I get with general rank of 2769 in JELET?
  14. Eligibility for B.Tech Architecture through JELET for Diploma holder?
  15. Eligibility criteria of JELET 2016
  16. Eligibility to apply in JELET for a candidate who has secured 54% in 2nd year of Diploma in CSE?
  17. What is the difference between ECT and LEET? Through LEET how can I get admission in B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Whether LEET is state level entrance exam?
  18. How to get admission in B.Tech with civil trade? I have completed diploma with civil trade
29th June 2016, 03:13 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get B.Tech admission in IIT-Kharagpur through LEET and JELET if secured 84% in Diploma Electrical? List of Government as well as private colleges offering B.Tech through JELET and LEET?

No, you can't get admission in IIT, Kharagpur through LEET and JELET examinations even if you have secured 84% aggregate marks in your Diploma Electrical Engineering course from a Government recognised Institute.

Diploma holders are not eligible to get lateral entry admission in IITs for pursuing B.Tech course. But, they can get lateral entry admission i.e., direct admission in second year of B.Tech course in other top colleges through LEET and JELET examinations.

Almost all the Engineering colleges except NITs/ IITs offer lateral entry admission in B.Tech course. So, I advise you to appear in LEET or JELET examination and you can check what are the colleges offering lateral entry admission in B.Tech course through LEET or JELET examination in the Information brochure provided to you at the time of counseling.
22nd September 2016, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get B.Tech admission in IIT-Kharagpur through LEET and JELET if secured 84% in Diploma Electrical? List of Government as well as private colleges offering B.Tech through JELET and LEET?

How can I join in computer science engineering at kharagpur IIT after completed bsc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?