13th July 2019, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

How can I pursue PhD if completed MCA with 8.5 CGPA around 8 years ago?

Hi, I have done MCA around 8 years ago with 8.5 CGPA. I want to do PhD now. Currently, I am teaching in a private college. So, what I have to do to pursue PhD program? Kindly tell me immediately. Thank you!

22nd July 2019, 09:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pursue PhD if completed MCA with 8.5 CGPA around 8 years ago?

You need to appear for the PhD entrance exam if you are looking for admission after MCA. Just make sure you have got CGPA equivalent to 55% in your master's degree. This is the minimum criteria for PhD admission in India.

Admission is on merit through entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. Those who have got NET/SET score or MPhil degree are exempted from entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?