14th March 2015, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission for Ph.D after completing M.Com?

I am smita. I have completed my m.com. Now i want to do Ph.D from kumaun university. Please tell me how can i get it? What would be the required procedure which I need to follow for it? Can someone please guide me on this soon as possible? Thank you.

26th March 2015, 08:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission for Ph.D after completing M.Com?

If you have completed M.Com from a recognized University with at least 55% marks then surely you can apply for Ph.D admission. If you want to get admission in your choice of college then you must try to qualify exams like NET/SLET/JRF. If you have any of these scores then you can apply for admission in a University when the notification is released.

You have to apply for on a prescribed format as mentioned in the notification and send it to the University with all the supporting documents. You have to face personal interview and the merit for admission will be based on the score in the NET/SLET/JRF or entrance exam and interview.
30th March 2015, 04:19 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Default Re: How to get admission for Ph.D after completing M.Com?

For doing Phd from Kumaun University, you must have master's degree of the said university or from any other university recognized by UGC and you must have secured at least 55% marks in MS . The candidates shall be selected for registration into the Ph.D. degree (i) Through Research Entrance Test (RDET) or (ii) Direct Admission (without appearing in RDET). If you do not want to appear for the above tests you need to give UGC-CSIR-JRF or equivalent national test to get direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?