26th May 2023, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I am MA Political science. I have applied for NET. After completing the NET, what is the detailed procedure for doing PHD?

Till now as i have understood, that I have to submit the Synopsis (thesis abstract) to the university. After registration of abstract/acceptance of topic. the supervisor is alloted by the university (say IGNOU) along with the course work. Then i have to do research for 2-3 years on the topic and finally submit the complete thesis. The doctorial committe will review the same and grant the PHD degree.

Is it so or there are other procedure. Further, who should give the topic for thesis or we have to choose by own. Is there is any persentation and GD during the procedure

29th May 2023, 08:27 AM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am MA Political science. I have applied for NET. After completing the NET, what is the detailed procedure for doing PHD?

Admission requirements.

To be eligible to study a PhD in India, the candidates have to have a Masters degree in a relevant subject, usually with an overall grade of at least 55% (or the equivalent).
The Indian PhD application process.
PhD notifications.
The Research Eligibility Test (RET).
Interviews.
29th May 2023, 04:37 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: I am MA Political science. I have applied for NET. After completing the NET, what is the detailed procedure for doing PHD?

Doing a Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) typically involves several steps and requires a significant commitment of time and effort. Here is a general procedure for pursuing a Ph.D.:

1. Research your field,

2. Determine Eligibility,

3. Identify potential advisors,

4. Prepare application materials,

5. Submit applications.
31st May 2023, 08:31 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The procedure for doing a Ph.D. may vary depending on the specific university or institution.

Steps for doing PhD:-

1. Research and Choose a Topic
2. Identify a Supervisor
3. Application and Admission
4. Coursework
5. Research Proposal and Approval
6. Conduct Research
7. Writing the Dissertation
8. Defense and Examination
9. Final Submission and Evaluation
10. Awarding of Ph.D. Degree

The specific procedures and requirements may vary between institutions, so it is advisable to refer to the guidelines and regulations provided by your university or department.
31st May 2023, 11:55 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

The procedure for pursuing a Ph.D. typically involves several steps. While the specific requirements may vary depending on the institution and country, I can provide you with a general overview of the process:

1. Research Interests and Topic Selection: The first step is to identify your research interests and choose a specific topic within the field of Political Science that you want to investigate further. This topic should be original and contribute to existing knowledge in the field.

2. Identify Potential Advisors: Look for faculty members or researchers who specialize in your chosen research area and could potentially serve as your advisor. Consider their expertise, research interests, and availability to guide and support your Ph.D. journey.

3. Contact Potential Advisors: Reach out to the identified potential advisors, expressing your interest in their research and seeking their guidance for your Ph.D. proposal. Discuss your research ideas, ask for their input, and inquire about their availability to supervise your work.

4. Develop a Research Proposal: Once you have a confirmed advisor, work with them to develop a comprehensive research proposal. This proposal outlines the objectives, methodology, theoretical framework, and expected outcomes of your research. It serves as a roadmap for your Ph.D. study.

5. Admission Process: Apply to the Ph.D. program at the university/institution where you wish to pursue your research. The application process typically requires submitting your academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and your research proposal. There may also be an interview or entrance examination.

6. Coursework: Depending on the university's requirements, you may be required to complete some coursework in addition to your research work. These courses are designed to provide you with the necessary theoretical and methodological foundations in Political Science.

7. Ethics and Approval: If your research involves human subjects, you will likely need to submit an ethics application to ensure that your research adheres to ethical guidelines. Obtain the necessary approvals before proceeding with data collection.

8. Data Collection and Analysis: Conduct your research, collect data, and analyze it using appropriate research methods. This phase often involves literature review, data gathering, interviews, surveys, statistical analysis, or other relevant methodologies.

9. Writing the Dissertation: Based on your research findings, write your Ph.D. dissertation. This document should be a comprehensive and original contribution to the field of Political Science. It typically consists of several chapters, including an introduction, literature review, methodology, findings, analysis, and conclusion.

10. Defense: Once your dissertation is complete, you will defend it orally in front of a committee. This committee usually consists of your advisor(s) and other faculty members who evaluate the quality and validity of your research. They may ask questions and engage in a discussion about your work.

11. Publication and Graduation: After successfully defending your dissertation, make any necessary revisions based on the committee's feedback. Once approved, you can submit your dissertation to your institution's library and possibly consider publishing parts of your research in academic journals. Finally, upon completing all the requirements, you will be awarded your Ph.D. degree.

It's important to note that the process and requirements can vary depending on the institution, country, and specific program guidelines. It's advisable to consult the specific Ph.D. program's website or contact the relevant department at your chosen institution for detailed information and guidance. Good luck with your Ph.D. journey!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?