13th June 2016, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in entrance exam to do PhD in Nalanda Open University?

If I want to do PhD from Nalanda Open University then still I have to appear entrance exam for admission? Is it necessary? I am an M.Sc postgraduate in Botany and interested to do PhD in Botany from this university.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to do PhD(Economics) in Nalanda Open University? -- [New]
  2. Can I get stipend to do PhD in Nalanda Open University? Possibility to become a Professor?
  3. How many seats are available for PhD(Botany) in Nalanda Open University? Documents required to get admission?
  4. List of all 10th based diploma courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Perspectives of Indian Society (Paper IV) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Admission procedure of B.Ed correspondence?
  7. Nalanda Open University BA in Political Science-Political Theory Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Nalanda Open University MA in Economics-Part II-Economic Development and Planning (Paper XIII) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Nalanda Open University BCA Part II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology Introduction to Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Nalanda Open University BCA Part I Exam - Download Previous Years question Papers
  12. Names of the institutes which are NCTE recognized?
  13. Nalanda Open University-BA in Political Science Public Administration Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Procedure to apply for PhD(Hindi) course in Nalanda Open University?
  15. Nalanda Open University MA in Economics-Part II-Indian Economic Program at State Level [Bihar] (Paper XII) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Nalanda Open University MA in Economics-Part II-Economics Theory (Paper IX) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. How to get graduation in Agriculture through correspondence?
  18. Universities offering diploma in food technologies though correspondence?
14th June 2016, 04:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in entrance exam to do PhD in Nalanda Open University?

Yes, most of the open universities will have entrance exam and interview stages for Ph.D admission. If you have qualified exams like NET/SET then you will be exempted from entrance exam.

If not then you have to appear for entrance exam conducted by the Nalanda University. Just make sure that you have got above 55% marks in M.Sc degree.
14th June 2016, 06:28 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in entrance exam to do PhD in Nalanda Open University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I want to do PhD from Nalanda Open University then still I have to appear entrance exam for admission? Is it necessary? I am an M.Sc postgraduate in Botany and interested to do PhD in Botany from this university.
The PhD course in Nalanda Open University is suspended till further order, is the message available in the website. Right now the university does not offer any PhD courses. So you can do the PhD in some other universities. Candidates should have Master degree with minimum 55% marks secured in the Postgraduate program from any university/ recognized institution. The candidate need to appear and qualify in the entrance examination (PhD Entrance Test) and interview for the admission. For further Information please visit the official website Click Here..
14th June 2016, 07:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to appear in entrance exam to do Ph.D. from Nalanda Open University.

The minimum educational qualification required to do Ph.D. from Nalanda Open University is Post graduate degree in relevant discipline.

But, at present Ph.D. Program in Nalanda Open University is suspended till further order.
14th June 2016, 11:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such entrance exam required to pursue Ph.D in Nalanda Open University. The reason is as follows and no where mentioned about entrance examination instead there is only an Eligibility Criteria. The Eligibility criteria required is as follos.

Eligibility to do Ph.D in Nalanda Open University:

>> Post Graduate Degree in Relevant Area

Click here for More Details

Yes, Ph.D in Botany course is offered by Nalanda Open University. Ph.D Programs offered by Nalanda Open University are, Hindi, History, Economics, Education, Political Science, Geography, Urdu, Botany, Commerce, Physics, Zoology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Sociology and Psychology.
15th June 2016, 03:36 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, in order to opt for PhD course in Nalanda Open University, you will have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the University itself. SO, you will have to appear and clear the examination in order to be most eligible to get admission in the PhD program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?